Tuesday, April 03, 2001

Taxes suck.

I've always been of the opinion that I should be able to do my taxes. After all, it's simply an exercise in following directions, isn't it? I almost gave up this year, but, having a few days to think about it, I think that I will still prepare my taxes by myself. After all, the amount of taxes that I am required to pay is the same regardless of who prepares the tax return. Why add more money to that?

Well, there is the time and aggravation that might be saved, I can see that. Especially if you're doing something complicated with your money. And I think I've spent a considerable amout of money in time and aggravation this year, but I've already spent it, so *shrug*, I may as well see it through myself.

Maybe next year I will pay someone else to do my taxes. But that all depends on how optimistic I am - if I think that it will be easy, then I'll try to do them myself. Hope springs eternal, as they say.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home