Sunday, February 04, 2001

I'd just like to let you all know that I've got my own meteorologist.

Each Thursday, as I'm heading back to my car from class, I walk past this old gentleman who tells me the weather forecast for the upcoming weekend. The first time I saw him, he just slowed down (didn't actually stop, mind you) and said, quite clearly, "It's going to snow tonight.". His prediction did not turn out to be true, but that's okay.

This past Thursday, I saw him again, and he stopped this time (briefly). "I just wanted to let you know that it's going to snow on Friday, into Saturday morning, and then it'll rain on Monday." I nodded and mubled something with gratitude for this information. He didn't wait for this acknowledgement, though, he just walked on.

The Jedi Princess seems to think that he may have been in a hurry to report the weather to others, but I prefer to think of myself as the sole recipient of this weekly forecast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home