Thursday, September 06, 2001

So, what has PETA done about road kill? I mean, I was driving home yesterday when I realized that there were lots of dead animals on the road. Now, the Jedi Princess made an observation the other day, which I have found helpful: In order to understand PETA, it helps to think of animals as people. Sure, then hunting becomes murder, carnivorism becomes canibalism, and we can all get outraged together. I may be over simplifying her remark, by the way.

So, what about road kill? I mean, think about people meandering into the road and getting killed by a passing truck - and then just left there on the side (or in the middle) of the road to fester. It's a rather disturbing thought, isn't it? I mean, if airplanes were killing people like this, we'd be in an uproar. To anyone who makes the animals = people connection, this is a horrible horrible thing, and why isn't PETA doing anything about it?

Fortunately, I am not one of those people who think that animals = people. People (mostly) don't walk out into the middle of the road when there's an on-coming car. Animals do. Unfortunately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home